Sunday, June 6, 2010

California - Day 3


You know how that day always comes in a vacation where you just need to have some down time? Today was that day for this trip. It was Sunday which made the decision to have a down day even easier. We started the day by heading to the Charles Schulz Museum in Santa Rosa. We have always loved the Peanuts cartoons, so this was a really cool experience. Not only did we get to see some of the original illustrations, but we also got to see his Studio where he created all those cartoons!


We then headed to an outlet mall of no real consequence. I say this even though I still bought stuff! After the outlet mall, we headed into the city of Petaluma and had dinner at McNear's Pub. Walking around Petaluma was really nice and we stopped in a local ice cream store (Lala's) for dessert. Now I have always been a dessert person, especially when ice cream is involved! It is even more pronounced when the ice cream is Peanut Butter and Jelly flavor! I don't know that I have ever had ice cream this good in my life. Makes me want to go home and use the strawberry jam that we just made that didn't set up to make some of this stuff. I wonder if it would turn out that good. Only one way to find out, right? Once I start doing some playing around, I'll post some recipes!


We are staying the night in Sonoma and are going to spend the day in the surrounding wineries and shops. I even type this with a glass of wine sitting next to me! Oh the life....

No comments:

Post a Comment