Monday, May 24, 2010

An Introduction

Ever since the release of Julie/Julia and the subsequent movie production, I think it might have become a little cliche to create a food blog. Being the savvy person that I am, and constantly mindful of the over done cliches that pervade our society, I have resisted the Food Blog phenom for quite a bit of time. Fads are just so...fadish! And cliches are just so...well, cliche-ish. (Is that really a word? And if it isn't I believe that I in fact should be the one made responsible for adding it to the English lexicon. Much like Will Ferrell in the quintessential Holiday Movie Elf made a generation of people really believe that ginormous was a word. But I digress...)

Let's be honest here. I really resisted writing a Food Blog because I didn't know what to write. Read this as I didn't have time, nor did I want to write about food or anything else for that matter. But because I can no longer resist the urge to create a blog, I give you Braun Appetit!!

My hope in doing this blog is to throw around some recipes that I have been playing around with and to banter a little bit about my cooking experiences, etc. Also at some point, I will probably throw in some commentary on very important matters: Celebrity Gossip, TV, Movies, maybe the occasional political aside (GASP), and the ever present spiritual revelation that come to me at all hours of the day.

I hope you enjoy this! I know its a long time coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment